Saturday 10 May 2014

After having a one to one with Amanda, I found a little inspiration in my previous drawings of the garments. even though I didn't consider any of my drawings good they're still sources of inspiration. I wanted to keep my designs simple and quick to draw. my problem with this unit is my confidence with drawing it has caused so many problems and stopped me finding my "mojo" in this unit I struggled to find anything to be inspired by as I didn't think this unit would be based around fashion. being emerged with Fashion has been the most intimidating thing for me with the whole of Hall of Mirrors being based around Fashion I instantly felt lost. The Fashion students seemed more comfortable in there subject where as being a Tipster this through me so far out of my comfort zone. Throughout this unit I have found it incredibly hard my confidence has been knocked massively in my work and I didn't think I was capable of achieving a high level, this effected my attitude towards the unit and I am deeply disappointed and embarrassed with the work I have produced. but nonetheless this has been a massive learning curve as has the rest of my first year, in the exhibition seeing the work that was produced in the digital collaborations workshop I recognised that is the area of study in which I wanted to gain more skill in and further my knowledge in this area. First year for me has been all about finding in which areas I was good in, and this unit hasn't been for me. if I could go back to the beginning I would have tried harder to find more focus and develop a stronger body of work and faced up to the challenge of this unit. but overall I am both disappointed and great-full for this unit as I now know which area of work I want to work more in and what my strong attributes and weak attributes are.





No comments:

Post a Comment