Wednesday 19 February 2014







After being taught how to use the dye baths I remembered a tie-dying technique I had learnt in college using Brush-o-dyes which fitted perfectly. I wrapped different sized buttons and in heavyweight cotton fabric and the dipped them into coloured dyes to contribute to my colour scheme. The one on the left I used my screen for the first time to test out how the smaller details would print. I have always enjoyed creating backgrounds for screen print and other techniques in this way its and easy way to fill up your sample with colour. I adore when using dip dye all the colours merge and melt into each other and you can create a whole range of colours that ouse together. It almost reminds me of a flower petal the way the colour runs and adds a creasing effect where the fabric has been tied together.

No comments:

Post a Comment